Flexible Spending Accounts

Flexible Spending Account 

Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) are a great way to save on income taxes while you budget for healthcare and dependent care  expenses. Your contributions to the FSAs are made with pre-tax dollars, meaning you pay no federal or Social Security taxes on that money and depending on your state, you may not have to pay state taxes either.

This leaves a smaller amount of your income subject to taxes. And when you pay less in income taxes, your take-home pay increases!

Your Options

Health Care FSA
Dependent Care
Both FSAs

FSA Reimbursement Form

Download FSA Reimbursement Form

Update your auto-forwarding feature any time!

The auto-claims forwarding process allows you to not pay up front for medical or prescription expenses as long as you have money in your FSA.

You also have the option of paying out-of-pocket and submitting the claim for reimbursement via online, fax or mail. Please note that this feature is not available for a DCFSA claim and that a form must be submitted for reimbursement.

Call 1-800-237-2904or go online to MyCigna.com

Click on Profile > Reimbursement Preferences > Auto Pay Preferences  

  • AutoPay does not apply to orthodontia claims, therefore they will always need to be direct submitted.
  • FSA reimbursement requests can only be requested after the member has paid
FSA Step 1

Step 1

Estimate Your Needs

  • Estimate your out-of-pocket healthcare and/or dependent  care expenses for the year.
  • Decide how much you are able to contribute to the FSAs  to cover these expenses.  
FSA Step 2

Step 2

Elect Your  Contribution Amount
You may elect to contribute:

  • Medical FSAs: up to $2,700  per year. 
  • Dependent Care FSA: up to  $5,000 per year. 
FSA Step 3

Step 3

Use/Manage Your FSA

  • These types of claims are automatically  submitted for FSA reimbursement using  the auto-forwarding feature:

» Cigna medical and  prescription claims

» Network dental care

  • Or, pay out-of-pocket and submit the   reimbursement form via online, fax or mail.  Form must be used for Dependent Care  FSA Claims.